I kinda just want to be with you. I want to be sitting on your couch, watching the election with you in pajamas. We'd be so comfortable with each other that we wouldn't even have to talk, but we could sit next to each other and sip tea and share a blanket and you'd check your iPad and I'd be on my computer. We'd bite our nails and slowly watch the outcome of Prop 30. We wouldn't feel pressured to fill the silence, but we'd update each other on the props or the election or whatever. I want that familiarity and that level of easiness and I want you to trust me and feel safe with me.
My favorite times are the times that we walk out together because somehow, you're not my professor and I'm not your student anymore. The boundary lines disappear, and suddenly we're just two human beings together and we're making conversation. I love that you come to me and talk, and that you told me what your tattoo idea was and I feel comfortable asking about it. I love that you've accepted that we just end up leaving together and you don't mind when I wait for you.
Just when I think my feelings were fading, they're getting stronger.
No comments:
Post a Comment