Sunday, November 25, 2012


I wish it could have been you here with me tonight. It's terrible but I wanted you there with me. It's just such a beautiful place and there's something so intimate about witnessing beauty and things like this with someone else. I love experiencing certain things with people, like it creates a memory and a certain bond. I wanted that for us. Plus, this is your element. I went there because YOU designed a lab for us for extra credit. So it's not difficult for me to start thinking of you when I was there. I wanted you to geek out with me and explain all the displays and everything to me. I wanted you to be happy in your element and teach me things. I wanted you to teach other people things so they can look at you and be like, "Damn, she know this really well," and then I can be proud to be the one to be with you. I wish it could have been you standing next to me as we looked out over the ledge at all the downtown Los Angeles city lights with a warm breeze blowing. Or you sitting next to me on the ledge watching the LA lights or lying next to me in the planetarium.

It never will be, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment