Friday, March 8, 2013

i just wanna know you better know you better now.

I just want to know you and I want to know the stupid things about you that nobody else cares about.

I wanna know what you look like when you wake up or what your morning routine is or what you eat for breakfast. I want to know what you're allergic to. I want to know if you spell words out when you text (I think you do) or if you use shorthand. I wan to know if you reply quickly, like my best friend, or take forever, like my sister. I want to know what kind of music you listen to in the car, what kind of driver you are and if you can talk on the phone for hours. I want to know if you're introverted or extroverted (I think the former, like me). I want to know about your relationships and who broke your heart and when you lost your virginity and why you haven't been on a date in two and a half years. I want to know if you're a light or heavy sleeper, how many times you hit the snooze button and if you steal the covers. I want to know what you watch on TV or what you eat for dinner or what your guilty pleasure foods are. I want to know if you unwind with chocolate or a glass of wine at night. I want to know what your bedtime routine is - do you read, or watch tv, or just lay there until you fall asleep? I want to know if you are a night or morning shower person (I think you shower at night because of that time you said you needed to wash your hair that night). I want to know the things nobody even thinks to ask. But then I want to know the bigger things too, like how you went to a Catholic high school and have a goddaughter but you majored in science and have hinted toward atheism. I want to know why you chose the career you did, why you decided that after getting a Bachelor's degree because that's what you were supposed to do, why you decided to get your Master's degree for you. I want to know what being on planes feels like for you and how you deal with that, I want to know what happened that gives you anxiety. I want to know what happened when your friend almost died because you thought it was your fault and you never visited him and fell into a depression. I want to know if you bite your nails or pick the skin around them or have any other bad habits. I want to know what your friends and family think of you - mostly the flaws, honestly. I want to know your imperfections. I want to know what you're like when your drunk - are you loud, giggly, quiet, mean, badass? Do you tell your secrets when you're drunk? I want to know what your favorite drink is. I want to know who your favorite people are, and why you love them. I want to know what you're passionate about and why. I want to know how you love someone and what means the most to you. I want to know what qualities you like in someone, what flaws you can't deal with. I want to know what's a dealbreaker for you, how to lose you. I want to know who you talk to every day. I want to know if you spit out "I love you," to your mom every time you hang up with her. I want to know what places you've traveled to, what was your favorite, and where you want to go now. I want to know what shampoo you use, if you yell at drivers on the road, or what your favorite part about Glendora is. I just want to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment